April 12, 2015

Published April 12, 2015 by Ad-Vinylrecords with 0 comment

Luther Vandross - The Night I Fell In Love (1985)













Artist:  Luther Vandross
Title:  The Night I Fell In Love
Release:  1985
Format:  LP
Label:  Epic Records
Catalog#  EPC 26387

“The Night I Fell in Love” is the fourth studio album by American R&B/soul singer Luther Vandross, released in 1985. In 1986, it was nominated for one Grammy Award, “Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male”, and two American Music Awards, “Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist” and “Favorite Soul/R&B Album”. The first single “‘Til My Baby Comes Home” is notable for featuring Billy Preston on organ.
Luther adapts a more laid-back, sophisticated approach on his fourth record, which is also a true masterpiece. The only tracks that really sound anything like the his previous three records are the singles “Til My Baby Comes Home” and “It’s Over Now,” and even these two numbers don’t have the bouncy timbre of his earlier single sides. Luther’s voice and delivery, as usual, are phenomenal, and his production and arrangements could not improved upon. However, it is his underrated songwriting ability that “The Night I Fell In Love” is really a showcase for.
In particular, the title track, “My Sensitivity (Gets In The Way),” and the haunting “Other Side Of The World” are brilliantly-composed and sound like long-lost jazz classics. Luther also covers Brenda Russell’s “If Only For One Night” and Stevie Wonder’s “Creepin'” (which are sequenced together), and his exceptional, titillating renditions of these songs are perfect compliments to the remainder of the album.


Side one
1.  ‘Til My Baby Comes Home  (5:31)
2.  The Night I Fell in Love  (6:06)
3.  If Only for One Night  (4:15)
4.  Creepin’  (4:04)

Side two
1.  It’s Over Now  (6:09)
2.  Wait for Love  (5:16)
3.  My Sensitivity (Gets in the Way)  (4:10)
4.  Other Side of the World  (5:58)


available at: http://www.ad-vinylrecords.com
      edit

0 reacties:

Post a Comment